Tips To Choose a Suitable Ceiling Fan
In the olden days when ceiling fans were invented they operated on turbine operated by water. The modern day fans operate on electricity and are fairly energy efficient. If you want to purchase a modern fan with high quality aesthetics then you should go through the best ceiling fan reviews. Making a choice is difficult as there is a wide range for you to choose from and you also have many factors to consider regarding the installation and your requirements. Thus, when you go through reviews you will understand whether or not the fan meets all your requirements.
Listed below are some tips that assist you in choosing the best fan:
- The first factor you should consider is the location of installation. Fans are divided into two types based on the location, indoor fans and outdoor fans. Indoor fans are not built to withstand effects of natural elements like sun and rain. It is possible that the indoor fans might stop functioning when subjected to such conditions. Outdoor fans have been specially built to bear these conditions. They are not affected by dampness or other natural conditions.
- Among outdoor fans there are subdivisions. There are ceiling fans which are rated to be fit for extremely wet locations, where rain and snow are common occurrences. Fans with a damp rating are ideal for porches since they are not fit for wet areas like a laundry room or bathroom. If you are living close to a beach and wish to install an outdoor fan then you should get a fan which is able to survive the effects of salinity or corrosion. The aesthetics of the fan can be conserved only if the fan is built to endure the outdoor conditions.
- The number of fans and size of fans depends upon the size of the room it is being installed in. Ceiling fans only assist in circulating air. They do not affect the temperature of the room and only regulate the flow of air which is why they should be placed after planning. In some cases a big fan is placed at the centre of the room or if the room is too big in size, several smaller fans are placed in different areas.
- Choose the diameter of the ceiling fan based on the size of the room you are planning to place it in. If the fan chosen is too big for the room then it will make the room too windy on being switched on. Similarly, a small fan in a big room does not provide sufficient flow of air and will only waste electric energy.
- When you do not know which brand and which model to choose then you should consider consulting best ceiling fan reviews. By consulting it you will be able to see all the features of the fan and also be able to understand the technical details and it is suitable for your needs. Choose a fan which fulfils all your needs and not just any random fan after reading the reviews.